Tomorrow, I am going to host my first #edchat during the regularly scheduled Maryland Edchat (#mdedchat) Tuesday evening at 8:00pm. I wanted to moderate the edchat in order to help promote two upcoming webinars focused on "Innovative Professional Learning" and gain insights for my job at MSDE. Sometimes I feel disconnected with schools because I am often in my cubicle planning, preparing, and emailing. I want to overcome this and be part of the solution to help connect schools to each other and with MSDE. I want to further the idea that we are all one work together to improve student growth.
During the #mdedchat tomorrow, the following questions will asked:
(all questions are subject to change and be modified based on discussion, participants and time limts)
- What does professional learning mean to you? Is it different than professional development?
- Why do you participate in professional learning?
- What does meaningful professional learning look like, sound like, feel like?
- What guides professional learning in your school building? What about outside your school building?
- How is educator professional learning connected to student growth?
- If you could design a professional learning experience with limitless resources, what would it include?
- How can MSDE continue to support your professional growth?
Innovative Professional Learning Models for Schools - Registration:
Join administrators and teachers from schools in Baltimore County and Carroll County as they share their innovative professional learning model. Discover tools and models to transform one-stop professional development to on-going professional learning in order to meet the needs of educators.
- Elementary Schools: March 3rd - 4:30 pm presented by Halstead Academy
- Secondary Schools: March 10th - 3:30 pm presented by Liberty High School